Conflict of interest for Judges
- The judging process at the Thames Valley Science & Engineering Fair (TVSEF) must adhere to the highest standards of integrity, so that it is seen to be fair and without bias.
- A TVSEF judge shall immediately identify any potential conflict of interest to the Chief Judge. This may include, but shall not be limited to, having a child, grandchild, or other youth living in his/her household registered at the TVSEF.
- A TVSEF Judge who has a son or daughter entered in the fair must withdraw as judge for the current year.
- A TVSEF Judge who has a child who lives in his or her house, and entered in the fair must withdraw as judge for the current year.
- A TVSEF judge shall not judge a project with which he/she has had significant prior interaction – for example, as a mentor or a judge at a school science fair. The Chief Judge shall make decisions regarding this type of conflict.